Pastoral Council Nominations
Holy Rosary Pastoral Council Nomination Ballots will be passed out at all Masses on July 23rd and 24th. Please consider nominating someone that you feel would be an asset to this ministry. For more information about the Pastoral Council please see the brochure click here
Afternoon of Eucharistic Adoration at St. Joseph Cathedral
An Afternoon of Eucharistic Adoration at St. Joseph Cathedral—Sunday, July 24, 2016
In response to the recent violence in Baton Rouge and especially the slaying and
wounding of six police officers and sheriff deputies this past Sunday, July 17, Bishop Muench is inviting
all Catholics of our diocese (and non-Catholics as well) to spend some time
in adoration before the exposed Blessed Sacrament at St. Joseph Cathedral and to
offer our prayer in reparation for sin, for the healing of wounded bodies and spirits,
and for the repose of the souls of those who have died by injustice and violence.
In Sunday’s Gospel, we heard the story of Mary sitting at the feet of Jesus, listening to him.
When her sister Martha complained to Him about Martha’s “inactivity,” Jesus said to her, Mary has chosen the better part, and it shall not be taken from her. Christian contemplation precedes
Christian service. We must sit at the Master’s feet if we are to know how we are to serve Him.
Eucharistic adoration is powerful--both healing and humbling…
The Bishop will celebrate a special Mass for the healing of our community this coming Sunday, July 24, at 12 noon at St. Joseph Cathedral, followed by Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament until 6:00 PM. At that time, solemn Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament will be led by Fr. Josh Johnson. Please plan to
spend some time in the Lord’s Presence as we ask Him to lay His healing hand upon our
community and our country.
Bible Timeline: The Story of Salvation Continues
Holy Rosary's Bible Timeline: The Story of Salvation groups will begin meeting again in August 2016. We look forward to journeying together for the 3rd segment of our series to study Sessions 12 through 17.
For the new schedule click here
Prayer Card Ministry
Holy Rosary sends prayer cards to those in need of healing, sympathy, encouragement, welcome, or congratulations. When you know of someone who is sick, has experienced the death of a loved one, perhaps loss of a job, or having a difficult time, etc., please contact Sarah Thomas at email@example.com or text to 225-715-3313 with their name, address, and prayer intention so that we may reach out to that person or family in their time of need.
Holy Rosary Catholic Church
Readings for the Week of July 17, 2016
- Sunday: Gn 18:1-10a / Ps 15:2-5 / Col 1:24-28 / Lk 10:38-42
- Monday: Mi 6:1-4, 6-8 / Ps 50:5-6, 8-9, 16-17, 21, 23 / Mt 12:38-42
- Tuesday: Mi 7:14-15, 18-20 / Ps 85:2-8 / Mt 12:46-50
- Wednesday: Jer 1:1, 4-10 / Ps 71:1-6, 15, 17 / Mt 13:1-9
- Thursday: Jer 2:1-3, 7-8, 12-13 / Ps 36:6-11 / Mt 13:10-17
- Friday: Jer 3:14-17 / Jer 31:10-13 / Jn 20:1-2, 11-18
- Saturday: Jer 7:1-11 / Ps 84:3-6, 8, 11 / Mt 13:24-30
- Next Sunday: Gn 18:20-32 / Ps 138:1-3, 6-8 / Col 2:12-14 / Lk 11:1-13
- Father Micheal Galea, Pastor
- Father Peter Dang, Parochial Vicar
- Nicole Rome, Admin. Asst./Bkpr.
- Susan Gautreau, Secretary
- Rani Coleman, Receptionist
- Wendy Enloe, Director of Religious Education
- Jamie Lambert, Assistant Director of Religious Education
- Brandi Klibert, Youth Ministry Coordinator
- Rachelle Delatte, Religious Education Secretary
- Deacon Steven Gonzales, Deacon
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
8:00 am-12:00 pm